american nationalism is its own religion.
- the constitution is comparable to the Bible. read as if it was written by God, and is oftentimes considered indisputable
- the flag is an idol in which people literally pledge their allegiance to
- patriotic anthems = hymns
- the military itself is a treated like a priest class; the “laypeople” are expected to display the utmost respect for their pure existence.
- indoctrination of children
- displays of patriotism determines how “faithful” the individual is
- presence of nationalism at different events (such as sports games, festivals, schools etc…) eerily resembles a theocracy
- when someone chooses not to partake in a patriotic ritual, they are considered a heretic
SAY THIS AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
This is also 100% why American Christianity looks nothing like the teachings of Christ – it’s actually just American Nationalism.
Maybe this is why it spooks me so much?